Medical Data Manager
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. This position will be in Charlotte, NC.
The Medical Data Manager manages scientific information in alignment with the business strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as librarian for all publicly available medical information relevant to the company, as well as internally generated insights and resources;
- Understands new data systems, dynamic data sets and their functionality;
- Monitors fields related to Milestone’s assets and areas of interest utilizing various tools and techniques, such as journal and media monitoring services and conference abstract reviews;
- Manages the scientific library database portal, scientific journal subscriptions, news/media materials, publication alerts and ensures they are tracked, categorized and properly disseminated;
- Proactively prioritizes, identifies, assesses, and critically summarizes relevant scientific literature across therapeutic area in coordination with key internal stakeholders;
- Curates a library of internal scientific deliverables and publicly available documents as well as information identified by Milestone team members and collaborators;
- Manages a budget associated with maintaining a library, subscriptions, and copyright compliance;
- Provides first-level user support for the data interface environment and acts as a single point of contact for helping team members to utilize information sources—conducts end-user training;
- Acts as main point of contact for relevant vendor relationships, ensuring timely and appropriate renewals, resolving issues promptly, and exploring system enhancements;
- Ensures targeted information is available in the scientific library database portal in a timely manner;
- Develops and implements vendor key performance indicators (KPIs) and improvement approaches and analyzes usage statistics to inform negotiation strategy and ensure optimal subscription vs. document delivery balance; and
- Disseminates internally up-to-date scientific data and disease-state information.
Education, background, knowledge and skills
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Experience in scientific communications, data management, library sciences or related field;
- Proven ability in data/information management and data management systems; and
- Proficiency in document creation, indexing, duplication monitoring and meta data manipulation.
- An experienced professional with strong business and scientific acumen who has a commitment to excellence, and understands new data systems, dynamic datasets, and their functionality;
- Team player with the ability to maintain a positive attitude, be flexible and work effectively in cross-functional teams;
- Able to work across geography and culture with diverse skill sets and personalities;
- Highly detail oriented with excellent administrative skills and multi-tasking abilities;
- Experience working in pharmaceuticals or the medical device industry is a plus; and
- Possesses exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is a developmental pharmaceutical company which is developing novel small molecule therapeutics for transient cardiovascular conditions. Milestone offers an exciting and entrepreneurial environment, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.