Human Resources Manager
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. This position will be in Charlotte, NC.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment activities for U.S. and Canada, including: crafting job postings, screening resume submissions, working with search consultants, overseeing selection process with hiring managers, coordinating in-person interviews, checking references, ongoing communications with candidates, suggesting employee offer specifics, negotiating offers, and “closing the deal” with candidates;
- Post positions on LinkedIn and other job posting sites, and monitor submissions;
- Monitor website “careers” email address and review and respond to submissions;
- Track candidates in process, and ensure forward momentum on hiring process;
- Standardize and conduct onboarding and offboarding activities for U.S. and Canadian employees;
- Oversee U.S. benefits administration for health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances;
- Conduct annual benefit contract renewals with broker, enroll employees in plans, provide benefits information to employees, act as liaison between employees and their benefits, act as point person for issues;
- Act as point person for 401(k) and RRSP (Canadian retirement) administration;
- Create Employee Handbook, and update regularly for regulation changes and changing business practices;
- Keep abreast of HR legal compliance issues and direct work to ensure compliance;
- Enhance retention and corporate culture through positive communications, employee relations and engagement; and
- Other special projects, as assigned.
Education, background, knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources or related field;
- Seven to ten years of experience as an HR generalist in a growing business;
- Experience in Human Resources in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus; and
- Significant experience in recruitment, onboarding, benefits, HR compliance and policies.
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities; upbeat, positive enthusiastic attitude;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral/presentation;
- Demonstrated problem solving, judgment and decision-making abilities;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Self-starter; ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge and understanding of HR best practices and regulations;
- Ability to create momentum and respond to organizational shifts.
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is a developmental pharmaceutical company which is developing novel small molecule therapeutics for transient cardiovascular conditions. Milestone offers an exciting and entrepreneurial environment, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.